Day Trip and Monastery Tours
The historical Abbey of Niederaltaich located in the foothills of the Bavarian Forest on the banks of the Danube River is a rewarding destination for day trips. Sights to see include
- the Baroque Basilica with sacristy and upper church (tours only)
- the Byzantine Church of St. Nicholas.
The tours (by prior arrangement) take between 30 and 60 minutes for each church.
Our Monastery Book & Gift Shop is also a popular destination.
Bodily nourishment in the form of good food is available in our Restaurant Klosterhof. In warmer seasons we offer outdoor seating in our idyllic beer garden, along with specialties of our monastery.
Monastery Tours for groups
or Fax +49 (0)9901/208-141.
Prices per individual:
- Basilica with sacristy and upper church: € 2,00/discount € 0,50
- Byzantine Church: € 1,50/discount € 0,50
- Both churches: € 3,00/discount € 1,00
Tour fees may be paid in the Monastery Book & Gift Shop, or if it is closed, be given to the tour guide.